Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New prevention strategy

New prevention strategy


Prevention:

Most of the time we can avoid ourselves from being infected by following the usual HBV prevention steps when we know the person is infected. If the person is a stranger, we would not know whether should we be cautious or not. Most people are infected because they do not know the person who infected them has the disease. Therefore, we have to find a way to identify if the person is a HBV carrier.


1. A proposition for a new way for prevention of HBV infection by way of identifying the HBV carriers is to provide people with simple, portable and inexpensive test-kits.

How:
These test kits would be able to test bodily secretions, for example blood and saliva, for HBV antigen and HBV antibodies.

Why:
Most people who infect others are not aware that they have the disease. However, not many people are comfortable to go for a test in the hospital or medical lab. This test-kit can be used by people who want a quick, easy and anonymous way to test for the virus. This means more people are able to check if they have the disease quickly and easily. This is particularly helpful for those people who are in a high risk environment such as they are working or having close contact with people they suspect to have the disease. They can ask those suspected to have HBV to take the test to identify those with HBV so the people working with the infected peolpe can take preventive measures to avoid being infected.




2. Another way of helping to identify a potential HBV infected person is to create a HBV identifier wrist-band.This is a electronically controlled device that automatically tests the user’s blood for HBV antigens and antibodies.

How:
The device has a built in pricking and testing mechanism that can identify a person that is infected with HBV. If the person is infected, a red light indicator will be on to identify the person. The pricking mechanism only uses the needles once and then discards them, so the next user wont be infected. This bracelet will have an adjustable band so it can be worn be many people and is water resistant, light-weight, small and hardy.

Why:
This band can be used in a high risk environment by potential HBV carriers. It can be made compulsory for those working in that environment to wear it to allow HBV carriers to be identified easily.


please COMMENT... We need your input, insight, perspectives to increase our knowledge... *& marrkxx ;>

5 comments:

  1. Nice and creative thought. Now think about it, if you can vaccine everybody with an effective vaccine, do you still need to test the other person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaccination for all is not compulsory yet. This precautionary step is proposed to be taken as there is a significant number of the public who are not vaccinated against HBV.Therefore, they are still vulnerable to the disease and need to avoid getting infected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.
    Here is my Email contact...piresmis59@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Amelia, I want to use this medium to thank Dr. Iyabiye, for saving me from CHRONIC HEPATITIS B.  I surffered this ailment for 3 years, then this fateful day browsing through the internet to see if I could get help, I saw his contact and testimonies of others he has cured. I contacted him for help, and afterwards he administered his medication on me, I was confirmed cured at the hospital after the treatment. His contacts:(+2348072229413/ +2348158577300) (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete