Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HBV Genome

HBV Genome

HBV has a very unique genome. It has both double-stranded and single stranded DNA. This incomplete double-strand DNA is because of incomplete DNA replication. HBV replicates through an RNA intermediate. A strand of HBV DNA is transcribed into an RNA template. This makes a combination of RNA-DNA in the genome.

The DNA complement of the RNA strand is then synthesized. The RNA strand is then removed and replaced with the DNA compliment. However, when HBV virions are produced before all their DNA can be copied, single strand DNA still remains. When virions are assembled earlier (before their DNA replication is complete), more single strand DNA exists.

HBV genome is made up of about 3020-3320 nucloetides for its full length and 1700-2800 nucleotides for its short length strands. The genome codes for the C, X, P, and S genes. Gene C is coding for the virus’s core protein while gene P codes for HBV’s DNA polymerase. Gene S codes for the virus’s surface antigen while gene X codes for an unknown protein.


please COMMENT... We need your input, insight, perspectives to increase our knowledge... *& marrkxx ;>

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of hepatitis B his name is Dr. Iyabiye. I suffered hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Iyabiye and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. You too can be safe if interested. Contact: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2348072229413

    ReplyDelete