Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pathogenesis


Pathogenesis




Hepadnaviruses multiply themselves using an RNA intermediate. Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) can recognise bind to specific receptors on the host liver cells. After binding, it will release its genetic materials into the cell which migrates to the nucleus. In the host cell’s nucleus, the partially double stranded is completed into a circle of HBV DNA. The host cell’s RNA polymerase is duped into transcribing the foreign genome. The HBV mRNA is then translated into new HBV. The new HBV particles are formed and has its viral genome packaged within. It then buds off (exocytosis) from the host cell to infect other host cells. In the process of translating the HBV genome, the host cell will translate HBV protein coat continuously. When there is too much of the protein coat which acts as the HBV surface antigen is produced, it will be delivered out of the host cell and trigger an immune response from the host body.





Hepatitis B Infections:


Acute (FAST!)

For Acute Hepatitis B infections, about quarter to half of all cases of the acute infections shows symptoms. The rest of the cases usually do not have the symptoms or have non-related symptoms. The virus has an incubation time range of around 1 to 6 months. After this, the patient will undergo a pre-jaundice phase. They will have symptoms varying from tiredness, weakness, no appetite, nausea and pain in the top right of their abdomen. However, once the patients reach the jaundice phase, which lasts for about 21 days, these symptoms will slowly disappear. And during the recovery phase, which can be about 6 months, the symptoms will disappear completely.


When a person gets infected with the Hepatitis B virus (HBV), their body will have a clear reaction to the infection by immune response. Their blood serum will have the Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) that is present on the virus protein coat. HBsAg’s presence is used to detect acute HBV as it is in the blood serum throughout the duration of the infection before the recovery phase. In the recovery phase, the body’s immunity will respond to the viral intrusion and HBsAg belonging to the virus will be replaced by the body’s anti-HBsAg (HBsAb). At the same time, the main antibody for HBV (anti-HBc) will also be present to help attack the virus’ nucleocapsid. HBc IgM is the first to develop and then later on will be substituted with HBc IgG.
However, in some conditions, HBsAb is already present in the pre-jaundice phase. In this case, HBsAg is not used to detect acute HBV infection as HBsAg disappears when HBsAb develops. Instead, HBc IgM must be detected for the diagnosis.


Summary of Phases:
Infection -> Incubation -> Pre-jaundice -> Jaundice -> Recovery

Presence of antigens and antibodies in blood serum:

(pre-Recovery) HBsAg-> (Recovery) anti-HBsAg /HBsAb + anti-HBc (HBc IgM -> HBc IgG)



In cases where the person has been previously infected or vaccinated for HBV and developed anti-HBsAg /HBsAb:


* (pre-Recovery)HBsAg + anti-HBsAg /HBsAb -> (Recovery) anti-HBsAg /HBsAb + anti- HBc (HBc IgM -> HBc IgG)

*HBsAg cannot be detected as HBV is destroyed by anti-HBsAg /HBsAb and will this will not give an accurate result. So the test for HBV diagnosis will be positive for anti-HBc and anti-HBsAg /HBsAb and negative for HBsAg.

Chronic (SLOW!)


If HBsAg is detected in the blood serum for over 6 months, the infection can be classified as chronic. People who have recurrent HBV infections are usually known as chronic carriers. Chronic HBV sufferers also do not develop the HBsAb to fight the infection and this leads to a more serious case compared to acute HBV. This is because the HBV can multiply without hindrance from the body’s immunity and also stay longer to create more harm as it is not eliminated by the immune system.

If the patient has been infected by HIV before, then they will have a higher chance of getting this type of HBV infection as they already have a weakened immune system. This also goes for those who are under immuno-suppressants or have some other immunity problems. Inflammation, liver cell death, and cirrhosis (liver tissue scarring) affects approximately 50% of those infected. Incidences of liver failure and also maybe liver cancer in chronic HBV sufferers are also high. Chronic HBV infection has varying disease activity (increase or decrease) and the symptoms from the infection will also vary (severe or manageable) accordingly.


please COMMENT... We need your input, insight, perspectives to increase our knowledge... *& marrkxx ;>

5 comments:

  1. So chronic HBV infection is highly associated with Liver Cancer compare to acute HBV infection. What is a risk factors that will increase the chance of a person develop a chronic HBV than the other form? For example, are there any particular strain of HBV that is more commonly causing chronic infection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.
    Here is my Email contact...piresmis59@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete


  3. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Amelia, I want to use this medium to thank Dr. Iyabiye, for saving me from CHRONIC HEPATITIS B. I suffered this ailment for 3 years, then this fateful day browsing through the internet to see if I could get help, I saw his contact and testimonies of others he has cured. I contacted him for help, and afterwards he administered his medication on me, I was confirmed cured and hepatitis free at the hospital after the treatment. You too can be cured like me if interested, reach him through his contacts: (+2348072229413 or +2348158577300) email: (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete